The Institut für Schulbau (Institute of school planning) of the Technische Hochschule and later Stuttgart University was founded 1963 by Günter Wilhelm, 1972 followed by Walter Kroner and in the meantime terminated. The collection includes three parts: a card index, some 15,000 slides and a part of the former library. The slides were taken between 1950 and 1980. They are registered by the card index.
The inventory covers geographically Federal Republic of Germany, Europe with parts of Eastern Europe (GDR, UdSSR), USA and other non-European countries. In addition to schools also other buildings of youth education are included.