The residence palace Rastatt is build since 1699 according to the design of Domenico Egidio Rossi and was completed basicalliy until 1707. Rossis successor as master builder of the court Michael Ludwig Rohrer enlarged the site as defined by Rossis. The garden layout came by court gardener Le Maire since 1705 and 1729 according to Le Maires' design by Johannes Otto Hayß.
Jakubeit, Barbara: Der Rastatter Schloßgarten von 1697-1987. In: Heimatbuch 1987 Landkreis Rastatt, 14. Jg., S. 81-106