Home | deutsch  | Legals | Data Protection | Sitemap | KIT
Kind of inventory

A couple of materials

Further collections

Main bequest in the Deutsches Architekturmuseum in Frankfurt/Main

Erich Schelling (1904-1986)

Architect

Biography

1904 born in Wiesloch
  apprentice as draughtsman
1924-1928 study of architecture at the State Technical School in Karlsruhe
1926-1927 Head of the architectural ceramics department of the Großherzogliche Majolica Manufacture Karlsruhe
1930-1933 architecture studies at the TH Karlsruhe by Hermann Billing, Max Laeuger and Otto Ernst Schweizer
1933-1937 in the studio of Hermann Alker
1937 own architecture studio in Karlsruhe, assignment to professor at the State Technical School in Karlsruhe
1942 opening of a local studio in Strasbourg
1946 reestablishment of the architecture studio in in Karlsruhe
1986 passed away in Karlsruhe

Works

Publishing house Der Stürmer Lammstraße Karlsruhe 1939
Factory building FAG Kugelfischer Schweinfurt 1949-1960
Reconstruction Dresdner Bank Marktplatz Karlsruhe 1952
Administration building Bausparkasse Badenia Karlsruhe 1953
Schwarzwaldhalle Karlsruhe 1953
Gartenhalle Karlsruhe 1954/55
Wildparkstadion Karlsruhe 1954/55
Administration building Volksbank Marktplatz Karlsruhe 1954/55
Master plan and individual buildings of the nuclear research centre Karlsruhe 1955-1986
Chamber of crafts Karlsruhe 1957/58
Administration building of the LVA Baden Karlsruhe 1958-1963
Municipal theatre Schweinfurt 1961-1966
Nancyhalle Karlsruhe 1964-1966
Institute Laue-Langevin Grenoble 1968-1970
Housing complex Karlsruhe-Oberreut 1969-1971
Enlargement of the LVA Baden Karlsruhe 1974-1977

Further reading

Erich Schelling. Architekt 1904–1986. Mit einem Vorwort von Heinrich Klotz. München 1994
Ingrid Ehrhard: Erich A. Schelling (1904 - 1986). Ein Architekt zwischen Traditionalismus und Moderne. Diss. Universität Frankfurt/Main 1997
Ingrid Ehrhard: Zum Nachlass von Erich Schelling. In: Architektur-Jahrbuch, hrsg. vom Deutschen Architektur-Museum, Frankfurt am Main. München u.a. 1998, S. 178 - 183